Monday, February 25, 2008

What I am Reading



I do not have as much time to read as I would really like to, as you would know if you saw the stack of books that I have that are waiting to be read. I recently finished reading "Rhett Butler's People" which prompted me to want to read "Gone With the Wind" again. It has been many years since I read "Gone With the Wind", so I wanted to read it again so I could see how the events in "Rhett Butler's People" lined up with those in "Gone With the Wind". Most of you have probably seen the movie, but the events in the movie barely scratch the surface of the events as told in the  book, even though the movie is  4 hours long. I have just started, but so far in many cases the events barely mentioned in one book are told in greater detail in the other book, and some questions that there might have been about Rhett after reading "Gone With the Wind" are answered in "Rhett Butler's People".

No comments: